Friday, February 1, 2008

Myspace = Crap

For anyone who hadn't already discovered any of the many reasons why Myspace is worthless, here's another good one:

Social networking site MySpace, which is owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation, has sparked controversy by deleting the world's largest online atheist group following complaints from people who find atheism "offensive".
I am glad to see the atheists group was deemed offensive to the Jesus enthusiasts -- that tells me they were doing something right.

But good riddance, I say. I dropped Myspace a while back and haven't missed it, and I encourage everyone interested in genuinely user-driven web content to see this for what it is and do the same. Surely Myspace's combination of high school cliquishness, execrable instant-messaging writing conventions, and screaming ad clutter will be hard to replace, but we must soldier on for the sake of the larger good.

1 comment:

Domestically Challenged said...

I can't, I'm addicted. It's all about decorating my page. Unexplainable I know, but that's what it is for me. I tried decorating my blog but it was freezing and couldn't handle my graphic or audio demands (shrugs). I think I would die w/o my MS page and yes, I do know how pathetic that is for a 32yo to admit.