Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Columbia River Gorge - Almost Like Stealing

It almost feels like stealing to live so close to the wonders of the Columbia River Gorge -- by that I mean the Oregon side, of course. The Washington side is a miles-long hell-hole.

With its lack of guns, this biplane couldn't strafe so it just did lame attention-grabbing tricks overhead. It didn't even have scary pesticides to spray on us!



These next two photos show the view looking eastward from Crown Point. I tried hard to include as little as possible of the Washington side, with its endless expanses of knee-deep maggots, open air hog-rendering plants, mule caravans carrying thousands of kittens to slaughter, and of course, the menacing tower of Isengard under the lordship of the evil Saruman.




Last but not least, Multnomah Falls. Many an amateur photographer has embarrassed himself in a failed effort to take a non-beautiful photo of it. This is the best I could do.




I can get to Multnomah Falls from my house in under half an hour. That can't be fair, can it?

1 comment:

Laura said...

Nice. I'm very jealous. Thanks for sharing your pictures.