Tuesday, March 4, 2008

There Will Be Blood

The price of a barrel of oil hit an all-time high yesterday. I have never felt prouder of oil, nor of the company that owns my home town, ConocoPhillips, and its completely-deserved and well-earned gigantic windfall profits.

While we can still more or less afford to drive our gas-powered motor vehicles, do you need anything at the mall? I sure hope all these turtlenecks, crocs, and cargo pants I stocked up on stay in fashion for a long time, because I don't know when I'll be getting back there.

It's a good thing George W. Bush got elected (so to speak) and stopped Al Gore and John Kerry from adding 50 cents to the price of a gallon of gas. That would have ruined everything. Whew.

4 comments:

Laura said...

OK, well, I have some good news and I have some bad news. The bad news first: about those crocs and cargo pants...well...I'm sorry (http://www.esquire.com/style/casual-style-0308 see #48 & 49). The good news is: we won't need fashionable clothes because we won't have any money to go anywhere, thanks to the oil companies.

Laura said...

oops, I meant #48 and #50. Anyway, what do THEY know?

Dale said...

Laura, what does GQ know about men's fashion anyway? I say my bright red crocs and cargo pants are timeless classics that won't, in any small degree, look ridiculous in future family albums.

Laura said...

...and you know they'll be the cutting edge of fashion again in 20 years. Especially if they're red.