Thursday, May 15, 2008

All My Friends Are Dead

"All My Friends Are Dead." I can't help but admire the starkness of it, its utter, unadorned bluntness. Someone needs to name a blog, a cat, a film, an internet startup, a line of designer eyewear, an energy drink, and a punk band "All My Friends Are Dead."

"All My Friends Are Dead." Can the singer-songwriter, the straight-talking Freddie Gage, be saying anything other than "I myself am about to die, and I intend to go out with drama?"

Don't fuck with me, it seems to say: "All My Friends Are Dead."

"All My Friends Are Dead" -- a title that demands, who the hell are you not to buy this album? Have you suffered as I have? Are all of your friends dead, or do some yet live?

Dammit! All My Friends Are Dead! Hearken to me! All My Friends Are Dead! Curse the skies above! All My Friends Are Dead!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Dale, here's another take on it:
http://www.last.fm/music/Turbonegro/_/All+My+Friends+Are+Dead
Stay with it; there's a nice little guitar riff near the end.

Laura said...

www.last.fm/music/Turbonegro/_/
All+My+Friends+Are+Dead