Saturday, May 24, 2008

Precious Cats Update

It's been a veritable coon's age since I last blogged upon the new cat, Columbus, and I thought it would be good to assure my six readers that the two cats are getting along swimmingly. Wilbur (shown here licking himself) has not only suffered Columbus to live, but has tutored him in the dark housecat arts of capturing, killing, and eating spiders; begging for yolks at the sight of hard-boiled eggs; upholding a strong sense of entitlement vis-a-vis canned cat food; chewing on houseplants; getting in the way of people's footfalls and then playing the aggrieved victim when he's kicked or stepped on; and generally sitting where he shouldn't and sleeping when he shouldn't.

The other cat news is that I don't call him "Columbus," but rather "Cabbage" or "Land Orca." Columbus remains his official name, but I recognize no authority that binds me to the use of that name.

6 comments:

Samuel John Klein Portlandiensis said...

The other cat news is that I don't call him "Columbus," but rather "Cabbage" or "Land Orca." Columbus remains his official name, but I recognize no authority that binds me to the use of that name.

So what you're saying here is that our votes didn't matter?

I tell ya, there is no honor in politics ay-tall!

That said, dayum that kitty's cute! And he's got him an accomplise now. Boy is your goose evar cooked.

When asked for an opinion, my cat said "Meow", and also he purred a little bit.

Dale said...

I disenfranchise you! I disenfranchise you all! [evil cackling]

I'm very relieved the two cats are buddies. When we brought Wilbur in, the two incumbent cats didn't like him. He responded by driving both to an early grave. Good times.

Really, both were well on their way -- Thelma was as old as the hills, and Tootie was, well, insane.

K and the boy said...

The kitten was named Columbus because he is a curious explorer. Like his name sake, he explores the world for things that he can exploit for personal pleasure.

Reason itself is the authority that makes this name more appropriate than "Cabbage" or "Land Orca".

Give up, Hillary. You can't win.

Samuel John Klein Portlandiensis said...

Give up, Hillary. You can't win.

IIRC, Columbus has more delegates anyway, even before you factor in the superdelgates, the Meow Mix, and the two or three times that little guy has puked in the hall.

I guess this one's going to the convention.

Also, this blog is blatantly cattist (that's OK; so am I)

SJKP (disenfranchised)

Domestically Challenged said...

Land Orca! Was that on the list?

Laura said...

You mean I went to the public library's bank of computers and posted all those votes for "Columbus" for nothing?!? No fair!!!