Thursday, June 26, 2008

I Hate This Kind of Blog Post

I hate blog posts that, like this one, give excuses for a foreseeable pause in blog posts. What do you care if I'm feeling ill and not feeling very post-y? You come to a blog to read the posts, not posts about the absence of posts, and certainly not illness reports unless they're interesting. And like other people's dreams, reports of other people's illnesses are rarely interesting.

I say such things should be kept brief and vague, or preferably left unsaid altogether.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Sorry you're not feeling well. I hope you're feeling better (and post-y) soon.

(That's right--say it: "I was wrong; they DO care.")

Samuel John Klein Portlandiensis said...

That's a shame, here, I love your posts.

I hope you get well, soon

(And besides, I think you'll find that the position of "least-loved frequently-updated local-PDX blog is for mine)

(sorry about that last. Woke up on the bitter side of the bed today)

But I do hope you get well soon, and that's serious. I hope whatever it is isn't too dire

Dale said...

Laura, SJKP, thanks. I feel quite a bit better now, but saying so puts pressure on me.

Now what's my excuse not to post something?

Plus the added pressure to make up for posts I didn't write during that six or seven hours away.

Now that I think of it, I am feeling down again. ;-)