Sunday, June 22, 2008

Napping for Dummies

Via German Joys, here's a guide from the Boston Globe on how to nap. It's a little amateurish -- clearly they don't have any narcoleptics on board to advise them on such important matters -- but it's pro-nap, and I'm for everything that makes this world a more pro-nap kind of place.

Actually, that's wrong. I have no actual napping advice that's of use to anyone, to wit: sit down in a moderately quiet location at least an hour after getting up from bed in the morning. Wait for sleep to arrive, which shouldn't take long. That's how to take a nap, as far as I know; I might as well try to explain how to chew and swallow food.

What I could use is a guide on how not to nap.

1 comment:

mikesdak said...

I've gotten better at napping for a number of reasons:
(1) old age

(2)I've cut the caffeine intake down below hippo-hypertension-inducing levels.

(3)My job's essentially random hours encouage the ability to sleep whenever possible.

I'm still not very good at it,though.