Wednesday, August 27, 2008

RIP Kevin Duckworth

I can't believe I just learned of the death of former Portland Trailblazer Kevin Duckworth. He's not only a prominent member of the great Blazers teams from the early 1990s (before it all went to pot) but the only Blazer I've ever managed to encounter around town: I once saw him making his way through the Lloyd Center. He was a very large human!

He was a very good player and, from everything I ever heard, a solid member of the community. We Blazer fans have lost one of the good ones.

(photo source)

1 comment:

Samuel John Klein Portlandiensis said...

We loved Duck. He was a striver and such a good fellow.

Remember when DairyQueen had those collectable Blazers glasses each year, back during the Drexler Days? I remember Kevin's one year. He loved fishing, so the artist showed him fishing.

Only he didn't have to use tackle. He was just giving the fish dirty looks and pointing at his net. And they were jumping in.

Oh, boy, I'm sorry those days had to pass.