Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Internet Explorer: The Moodiest of the Browsers


Evidently my prayers to Bill Gates have not been fervent enough, because as this dramatic screen shot demonstrates (click to enlarge), Internet Explorer suddenly hates my precious, precious blog.

Browsers left to right: Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. In IE, the hyperlinks are not functioning as hyperlinks, and lots of text is coming up as italics where it shouldn't be.

I don't seem to be able to reproduce the problem on other blogger blogs or other sites. Whuh?

If you needed another reason to drop-kick Internet Explorer out the nearest window, I am pleased to have obliged you.

(H/T Black Sheep)

Update: twelve hours or so after this post was first written, I see that IE is allowing hyperlinks to function but is still changing some text to italics. Of course, this is on IE version 6.x, whereas last night's observations were on IE 7.x. Hmm.

No comments: