Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Securing My Right to Complain

By the time this post posts, I will have cast my vote for Barack Obama and rendered it into the hands of the county election officials. Travel safely, little ballot.

I also voted for Senator Jeff Merkley and Congressman Earl Blumenauer (who stands approximately 1 in 1,000 odds of not retaining his seat) and against every initiative in any way associated with the odious Bill Sizemore.

I didn't care very much about the other items and races on the ballot, but I voted this way or that way on each of them, in a few cases taking the trouble to locate and flip an actual coin to determine my vote. (Not really.)

So ... jacta alea est, the moving finger writes and having writ moves on and all that.

May all votes be cast and counted honestly in all places.

No comments: