Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry, Bright, Stuck in the Driveway

The plan to visit family in Seattle ended at the bottom of the driveway, beyond which the car refused to go. No doubt it's for the best since at least another few feet or inches (who knows?) has fallen since the car pulled its mule routine. Better stuck at the bottom of the driveway than somewhere in the Bigfoot-infested hills and dales of the I-5 corridor.

Don't ask me what made me think it was a good idea in the first place because I don't know. It was never a good idea.

Merry Christmas to all!

Update: this is how the same scene looked just a couple of hours later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how the driveway is looking good. There was this bit of hope as you shoveled the drive way...just maybe...just maybe. Tough...reminds me of Cleveland winters...I don't misslake erie
-Shane

Domestically Challenged said...

Merry Christmas, Dale!
We still can't get out even with all the melting slush. Too many ice walls and ruts blocking our driveway and a street fill of snow behind that, we dug for an hour and got nowhere so we gave up and will try again tomorrow. We can see the main road at the end of the street and it's completely clear now... if only we could reach it!

Dale said...

Shane, DC, we eventually shoveled more and got the car back inside the garage (I know you were anxious to hear) but we still haven't tried again. There is still quite a bit of slop on our street but it seems, finally, FINALLY, to be clearing up.