Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Podcasts for WMP for Dummies

Am I right to say there is no built-in or add-in interface to Windows Media Player (WMP) for the subscription, downloading, and indexing of podcasts?

Really?

Microsoft is applying a "not invented here" mindset to podcasts? This is 2009 in a couple of hours, right?

I ask because I recently replaced my deceased iPod shuffle -- it had a good run and served me ably -- with a SanDisk Sansa Clip 4GB (wikipedia, Amazon, BestBuy), which I love so far, but which plays best with WMP.

I know, I know, there are workarounds. There are podcast clients like Juice that are designed to handle podcasts. But I already have a client that handles podcasts perfectly well -- iTunes -- if I'm willing use two pieces of software.

I want WMP to do for my Sansa what iTunes did so well for my iPod. Not possible?

Oh well. At least I didn't get a fucking Zune.

3 comments:

lstewart said...

amen brother. so sad. wmp blows most media players outta the water perf-wise too. and after a bit of getting used to, the interface destroys itunes.... but they still dont get it.

Anonymous said...

Actually, the "fucking Zune" has built in podcasting support.

Dale said...

Anon, enjoy your fucking Zune! [giggles]

I am content with my power-team consisting of Salsa Clip and MediaMonkey.