A bold new answer to life's enduring questions is afoot. Do you believe as Tarvuists believe?
* Tarvu is our Lord God"Holy" is quite a loaded word, but there's certainly a lot to admire in octopuses. It's a start?
* There are two universes
* The Tarvunty is the Holy Book
* We should all "be nice"
* Men and women are equal (to each other)
* Tarvu's Prayer should be said every day
* Octopuses are holy creatures
* Everyone has an invisible guardian from Universe A.
Unlike so many of the leading gods, the founder of Tarvuism appreciates the challenges of undersea life:
When Tarvu landed in the oceans as a baby boy, he was rescued by an octopus, named Oobu. Oobu and his family cared for the baby Lord, taught him how to swim (Tarvu was excellent at backstroke) and fed him barnacles and squid ink. They also taught him how to speak Octish, the language of octopuses. Without Oobu, Tarvu may well have perished, although, since he was the Almighty, this may not have happened.Here's hoping Tarvu will do something to undo some of the pain and suffering in Mumbai after the recent attacks conducted in the name of gods who evidently approve.
Update: Perhaps you're wary of joining a new religion upon the advice of a single blogger. Well, what if I refer you to two more? Read John and the Wife's stirring testimonial and feel the anxiety melt away.
(H/T I kid you not)