Monday, January 12, 2009

Obscenities

George W. Bush graced our species with his last press conference as president today (transcript). Regarding his critics:

I don't know why they get angry. I don't know why they get hostile. It's not the first time, however, in history that people have expressed themselves in sometimes undignified ways. I've been reading, you know, a lot about Abraham Lincoln during my presidency, and there was some pretty harsh discord when it came to the 16th President, just like there's been harsh discord for the 43rd President.
Sigh. The second coming of Abe Lincoln had this to say of his impact on the USA's moral standing:
I strongly disagree with the assessment that our moral standing has been damaged. It may be damaged amongst some of the elite, but people still understand America stands for freedom, that America is a country that provides such great hope.
Not even the list of the 500 most common passwords contains enough obscenities to respond appropriately to this.

Good riddance.

3 comments:

Cera said...

Hear hear! Good riddance to bad rubbish. All hail the return of the English language to power.

Dale said...

Cera, I am giddy at the prospect of competent English spoken in high circles. It has been a long time.

Samuel John Klein Portlandiensis said...

I guess he's given up (for now) on being the second coming of Harry S Truman.

That guy reinvents himself so much I wonder if there's any there there.