Saturday, March 14, 2009

2009 Portland Shamrock Run: Glass Half Full Blogging

This dramatic screen scrape from weather.com shows a seven-in-ten chance of rain for tomorrow's Shamrock Run. There's not a leprechaun's chance in a wood-chipper* that something as slight as rain will keep me from competing in the 15K event, but it may well thin the herd of runners contending for room on the asphalt.

Not only that, if we get a really good soaking, it leaves us free to go ahead and pee while we run rather than adding valuable minutes to our time by stopping at one of the portable toilets along the way.

I do try to look on the bright side. Peace to all leprechauns.

----------------------
* Please pardon that. It's a personal thing. All my life I have been visited by reveries of leprechaun-centered violence. At a very young age -- these are truly some of my very earliest memories -- I lulled myself to sleep by imaginging myself pummeling an indomitable cartoon leprechaun inspired by commercials for Lucky Charms breakfast cereal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

B-R-U-T-A-L.
You take?

Dale said...

Anon., brutal indeed. The wind almost knocked me over at one point -- I mean that literally. But I made it, and I was pleasantly surprised at how many people did the same. It makes for a great adventure, yes?