Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Keep Your Phone Directories Away, You Parasitic Assholes

I can report that this noble effort failed spectacularly, and so I am now driven to verbal abuse. In the last two weeks, I have received no less than two paper phone directories, heaped on my front porch in all their soggy, tree-wasting pointlessness.

While I await the inevitable success of vituperating against SBC Communications, Verizon Communications, BellSouth, Dex, Yellow Book USA, and the rest of these nauseating parasites, I shall add my name to this petition and encourage you to do likewise. Some background:

There are over 7,000 different titles of Yellow Pages ... For example, this year in Southern California, it is possible that a person could have over 10 Yellow Pages directories dropped on their doorstep from 10 different publishers. It is also noteworthy that with a distribution of 540 million, there are more directories dropped than the entire population of North America. This industry practice is called "saturation distribution."
Here is a link directly to the petition. Maybe this one will work better than the last one.

And while I'm on the topic of vile corporate parasites and their foul deeds, today marks the 20-year anniversary of the Exxon Valdez spill. National Geographic has more ghastly photographs from that disaster.

(via Portland Mercury)

No comments: