Friday, May 15, 2009

Trailer for The Road: How to Lose a Guy in a Post-Apocalypse?

I've learned a couple of things about the forthcoming cinematic adaptation of Cormac McCarthy's The Road -- one, that youtube is riddled with fake trailers for it, and two, that the first real trailer is not as good as some of the fakes.

The trailer inserts scenes and situations I don't recall from the book. Maybe it's just me, but this trailer greatly exaggerates the centrality of the character played by Charlize Theron.

I hope I am wrong and that this is a typical case of a trailer slicing and dicing the film to try to appeal to a particular audience of which I am not a member. I have great confidence in the director, John Hillcoat, and the cast, which includes Viggo Mortensen, Guy Pearce, Robert Duvall, Michael K. Williams, and yes, the very talented Charlize Theron.

[Here is a previous mention from oh so long ago.]

(via Portland Mercury)

No comments: