Friday, July 3, 2009

Lady Also Quits

Also, Sarah Palin is planning to resign as governor of Alaska for stated reasons that are almost certain to prove false. Also Sprach Palin:

Once I decided not to run for re-election, I also felt that to embrace the conventional 'Lame Duck' status in this particular climate would just be another dose of 'politics as usual,' something I campaigned against and will always oppose. It is my duty to always protect our great state. With that in mind, my family and I determined that it is best to make a difference this summer, and I am willing to change things ...
And so it goes from there, in mind-numbingly platitudinous fashion.

I'd be inclined to congratulate the people of Alaska for this development if I had the slightest suspicion that large numbers of them consider it a good thing. But I don't have that slight suspicion.

No comments: