Friday, August 7, 2009

Blank, White

I look forward to a time when my regular mental faculties, and the grudges and mood swings on which they're borne, are restored to their former state. Former to what? I've found it convenient to blame it on Bike-pocalypse '09, so here I do so again.

Meanwhile, there are the finer things in life, one of which is The White Album. One could highlight any song, or any 2-, 3-, 4- or n-minute-long sequence, so I've settled on "Dear Prudence" because it is one of the 4-minute sequences that fills out the mosaic.

From the first second to the last, the album is inspired beyond words -- certainly beyond mine, certainly now:

2 comments:

Laura said...

Well, I could live without "Revolution 9".

When my husband and I were planning our wedding, lo these many years ago, we told the synagogue event coordinator that we wanted to use "Why Don't We Do It In The Road?" as our recessional. She was not amused.

Dale said...

Laura, I was amused by your husband's song choice, and by golly, that's what matters. I will assume that you stuck with it and used that song. Please don't shatter my belief in that!