Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hood to Coast 2009 - Live-Blogging #10

My last leg- 5.77 mi in 41:11 and a net of 15 road kills - I was passed by 5 freakish immortals specially bred for running. Gazelle genes?


Paul said...

Ha! Now you know what it feels like for us mere mortals when you go speeding past us. The sight of those uber-runners sprinting up the leg 29 hill made me want to cry.

Seen it, done it, got the t-shirt, not doing it again. Ever.

Paul said...

PS - I only got passed by 3 "gazelles" (aha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-cough).

Dale said...

Paul, duh! Leg 29?!!? You got "Hood to Coasted" in a very brutal way -- I'm sure your teammates thought it was hilarious to give the new guy the leg five assignment, but don't lose hope. Leg 5 is a monster. None of them are easy, but leg 5 is a special kind of torture made for vain, reckless, glory-seeking, damnably handsome weirdos like myself.