Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Not British Enough


It's only a matter of time before my British citizenship is revoked, and deservedly so. Happily, I only play a British citizen on this precious, precious blog -- if at all -- and do a horrible job of it with or without pop quizzes.

The news isn't all bad. I scored just a little lower than actual Briton Norm Geras, who will soon be expelled from the scepter'd isle. You're welcome here, Norm, but you'll want to dumb things down a few notches if you want to fit in. We don't take kindly to folk who score above 50% on tests.

Oh, and you'll want to make sure you are absolutely free of pre-existing medical conditions of any kind.

How British-citizen-y are you? Take the quiz and find out -- this is not one to leave to guesswork.

Update: here's another quiz failure soon to be cast out of England like just another Viking raider.

5 comments:

larryniven said...

Bah - got the exact same score you did. I don't think you actually have to know what a "quango" is, though, so...

Paul said...

Another Brit failure here - 50%!

Martin R. said...

At 62.5% it looks like I'm going to be joining the line when they decide to kick out all those who have not being paying adequate attention to the land in which they live.
I wonder where they will send me and how much better I will fair in any other "How [Insert Nationality]Are You?" Will I be forced to roam the seas until I'm finally accepted by a nation that cares nothing for quangos or the legal age for off-course betting? Where will that place be...and will there be less rain in the summer there?

Dale said...

Martin, Paul, I'm sorry -- I think -- to hear of your impending expulsion from Britain. As I understand it, you can opt for indefinite shackling in a dank little cell in the Tower of London, and I don't know, maybe that's worth considering.

Martin R. said...

Of course, these days, one of the recognised inconveniences of being indefinitely shackled in the Tower of London is the exorbitant ticket price. At £17.00 per adult per day, debts rapidly accumulate with little means to work off this debt on account of the shackling and the smallness of the cells. The hope of a reduced rate of £14.50 on reaching the age of sixty represents only scant relief.