Friday, September 18, 2009

Gay Marriage Has Failed

In this uncertain world, truer words than these of James Dobson are all too scarce:

"Dear Friends, I write to you today with a profound sense of concern...Barring a miracle, the family as it has been known for more than five millennia will crumble, presaging the fall of Western civilization itself.....

For more than 40 years, the homosexual activist movement has sought to implement a master plan that has had as its centerpiece the utter destruction of the family."
Indeed. Speaking as a low-ranking but slavishly devoted functionary of the gay equality struggle, I can confirm that the work of my life has been the utter destruction of The Traditional Family -- yours, mine, my neighbors', my friends', Ted Haggard's, David Vitter's, Larry Craig's, Santa Claus's, everyone's without exception.

Nor do I draw the line at our species -- I have made it my practice to separate puppy from bitch and kitten from cat whenever the opportunity presents itself.

It comes as sobering news, then, to find that our movement's savage plot to rend marriages, uproot children, and otherwise destroy The Traditional Family by legalizing same-sex marriage appears to be failing:
According to the most recent data from the National Center For Vital Statistics, Massachusetts retains the national title as the lowest divorce rate state, and the MA divorce rate is about where the US divorce rate was in 1940, prior to the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor that triggered the US entrance into World War Two ... [T]he Massachusetts divorce rate has dropped from 2.3 per thousand in 2007 down to about 2.0 per thousand for 2008.
Gay marriage is failing. For those of devoted to the elimination of all manifestations of family, it's back to the drawing boards.

(via Bouphonia)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I often use the handle "pplr" so I actually don't mind saying who I am, just don't want to leave my email and so on sometimes.

James Dobson.... I think one of the ways society may be marking its progress by how it comes to disagree with him on homosexuality.

Dale said...

pplr, I agree. Dobson is one of those "keep your enemies closer" figures.