Monday, October 26, 2009

Columbia Gorge Half Marathon 2009 - On the Medal


One last thing worth noting about the Columbia Gorge marathon/half-marathon -- I've amassed a pretty large collection of race medals over the course of my running habit, enough to say with no small authority: the medal we got upon finishing the run yesterday is what a post-race medal looks like when the race organizers are actually trying. No, it's not precious medals that we can melt down and sell for buckets of cash; no, it's not a singularity the like of which the world has never seen; no, it would not have made a bad day into a good day; but this post-race medal has the look of one in to which someone put some care, thoughtfulness, and creativity. I appreciate that.

Well done and thank you!

2 comments:

Domestically Challenged said...

ooooh, I think it's purrrrdy! Though, I am partial to ceramics. The glaze is beautiful.

mizunogirl said...

This is totally gorgeous. I suddenly have this cray plane ticket to the west coast. and I admit coming from Florida the idea of that elevation is intense, but...I really really LIKE the medal. I have taken to putting all my medals in the laundry room, but this one...well. I might have to have it....Did the half one say anything different...