Friday, October 9, 2009

Two Things Meme

Picking up on Norm Geras's refinement of an intriguing meme, I shall use no more than 150 words to write of two things I do not understand about myself.

Only two? Sigh. The rules are the rules -- as far as I know, blog memes are legally binding under international law -- so here goes:

  1. I don't understand my indifference to some temptations that catch up so many others. A simple example is smoking -- I grew up surrounded by smokers, but have never had the slightest urge.
  2. I am puzzled at the pattern, if it is a pattern, of what I remember and forget. I can hold short numeric sequences in my head indefinitely if needed, and yet I draw a near-total blank on 2th, 4th, and 7th grades. I remember a zippered shirt I wore and a book on giant squids I paged through one day when I was four, but that's the only thing I remember about being four.
So there are my two. I don't do the tagging thing, but if you are reading this instance of the meme and find it worth taking up, please consider yourself tagged. I would be delighted if you would link back to this precious, precious blog so that I can, via the powers of the googles, read of your two self-mysteries, but of course that's up to you.

No comments: