Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Not Cats

I see no reason to call this "cat fighting." That's a stupid term, and this is not fighting. One BYU player is shown throwing a mild elbow toward the beginning, but the rest is #15 for UNM:



In my blackest heart of little hearts, I admit that watching some Mormons take a beating is not the worst thing imaginable. And while my blackest heart of heart has the floor, it would like to suggest that it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if NFL players took to policing the long hair look by yanking some fellow players down by their long flowing locks.

Come on, guys! It's a big, thick handle just waiting to be grabbed! Think leverage!


All of this is well past the bounds of sportsmanship.

(NFL photo source: NY Sun)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I admire Elizabeth Lambert. :-D

And not because the other team are Mormons. I just like her style.

Dale said...

Well, Elizabeth, there is something to be said for players who demonstrably give a crap about the sport they're bothering to compete in. If you care enough to brutalize your opponents, you *do* care, right?

I speak as someone who, once upon a time, threw quite a few forearms while playing junior high football, and I don't remember any of them being strictly necessary. Or even mildly necessary. I even wore arm pads to facilitate.

Oh, who am I kidding? Sports without hatred is like chickens without that charming head-bobbing they do.