Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Perfection: "Behind the House"

I realize I am a hopeless Neko Case fan-boy and all, but if there is anything short of perfection in this performance of "Behind the House" on Austin City Limits, I have no idea what it is. I do not mean to say that every performance of Neko Case is perfect -- my six readers would laugh at me if I said that, and a man in my position can't afford to be made to look ridiculous (for purposes of this blog post). I am singling out this performance of this song, as it takes everything that is magical and beautiful in her work and turns it up to 11; and I hasten to note that the talented members of her band are very strongly contributory to the perfection.

2 comments:

Paul P. Mealing said...

Hi Dale,

I have to admit I've never heard of her in Oz, but there's a lot to like.
In particular, I like the lap-steel-guitar and the way it complements, and compliments, her vocals.

Regards, Paul.

Dale said...

Paul, I can only say: find a way to hear of her. She's my favorite of favorites in the world of music.