Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Only Friend, The End

When I began reading the article, I was skeptical. This kind of thing doesn't usually happen to guys like me. But then I kept reading, and, well, I'll just say it was amazing:

A motor in her chest pumps heated air through a tube that winds through the robot's body, which Hines says keeps her warm to the touch. Roxxxy also has sensors in her hands and genital areas -- yes, she is anatomically correct -- that will trigger vocal responses from her when touched. She even shudders to simulate orgasm.

When someone speaks to Roxxxy, her computer converts the words to text and then uses pattern-recognition software to match them against a database containing hundreds of appropriate responses. The robot then answers aloud -- her prerecorded "voice" is supplied by an unnamed radio host -- through a loudspeaker hidden under her wig.
Oh, stop it already. This thing with "a motor in her chest" and a "loudspeaker hidden under her wig" makes me wish I belonged to a different species, and I don't say that about all the $7,000 sex-bots.

The only hope touching on this lies in the youtube videos we should start seeing any minute -- dramatizations that may tell us what Ro[three consecutive letter X]y does when she's not pumping air through that sexy chest motor or belching lascivious nothings from her wig area.

Could someone place a call to keyboard cat? I don't have the strength.

No comments: