Friday, April 16, 2010

Something Lawless

Apparently Lucy Lawless was famous before this year -- who knew? I have come to know her as Lucretia of Spartacus: Blood and Sand, the guilty pleasure from Starz (the tee-vee cable network, not the misspelled pluralization of star) that's presently nearing its first season finale. The smart money says there will be blood.

From what I've seen, I declare this Lawless woman stands a good chance of going places. I'd go so far as to say she is the Neko Case of blood-sport cable melodrama of her generation.

Both regular readers of this blog will recognize that the comparison with Neko Case represents no small compliment.

[Clearing throat] I am speaking of Miss Lawless's singing talents, naturally.

Speaking of which, here's Neko Case with some Josh Pyke guy performing "Long Time Gone":

3 comments:

floetcist said...

You're not seriously saying that you've never heard of Lucy Lawless, Xena: Warrior Princess, before? Really? I'm stunned honestly lol.

Dale said...

floetcist, going forward, I'll thank you not to accuse me of saying anything serious without thinking it through very, very carefully.

floetcist said...

So you were being sarcastic?

Forgive me, I'm not good at detecting sarcasm in written form.