Monday, July 12, 2010

Day 12 — A song from a band you hate

I don't think I "hate" any bands -- that seems like a pretty silly thing to hate -- but I strongly dislike Aerosmith. They did a cover of the Beatles "Come Together," and for whatever reason -- probably because of the quality of radio to which I was exposed as a lad -- I became familiar with the Aerosmith cover before the original.

When I became familiar with the original, I realized just how shitty Aerosmith was -- and mind you, this was the 1970s Aerosmith, before they got super shitty with their latter years comeback, and back when they still had excessive drug abuse to blame.

It would probably be over the top to say Aerosmith never brought anything good to the world in any case, but as it happens, the world has Liv Tyler.

This is part of the 30-Day Music Meme.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many bands to hate, so little time. How about Eddie Money's "Baby Hold On To Me," with such enlightening lyrics as "Whatever will be will be, the future's not ours to see." Que sera, sera.

Maybe they/he doesn't qualify as a band. I don't know, but now I have that stupid song stuck in my head and I'm not happy about it.

Dale said...

Anon., yes indeedy. Or how about Steve Miller or the Steve Miller Band or whatever that sack of pus is supposed to be called? "Abra-abra-cadabra / I wanna reach out and grab ya" --- no, Steve Miller Band, I want to reach out and choke the living shit out of you.

Anonymous said...

Great. Now two shitty songs stuck in my head!

Dale said...

Anon, happy to serve!

Sheldon said...

Ahhh come on Dale, I agree on the general overall shittiness of band in question. But can't we say that "Dream on" had some little redeeming quality?

Dale said...

Sheldon, it's probably just the odd chemical haze settling over the neighborhood doing the speaking here, but OK, fine, "Dream On" is not a complete wretched failure as a song. It doesn't send me diving toward the on-off switch on the radio.