Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 28 — A song that makes you feel guilty

There are songs that make people feel guilty? I have my share of guilt over the usual everyday kinds of things, but music doesn't figure in those. I can't even report anything as interesting as songs I've avoided over the guilty feelings they conjure.

Maybe the closest to this is "Man in Black" and "Folsom Prison Blues," two of Johnny Cash's classic songs that remind me to be courageous and principled, even in matters as frivolous as the choice of clothing.

This is part of the 30-Day Music Meme.

5 comments:

American said...

I always feel guilty when I hear the song "America the Beautiful," especially when I see what we've done to the spacious skies and amber waves of grain. "Crown thy good with brotherhood?" Still waiting...

Dale said...

American, I find that song a little too mawkish, but OK, I can see where you're coming from.

larryniven said...

I'm gonna have trouble with this one, too - not quite sure what would qualify. Do you know what the meme originator used for day 28?

Dale said...

LN, I tracked it back and yielded this, which references a song I am pretty sure I don't know:

http://derangedwriter.tumblr.com/post/734879913

Remember the law! Once a meme starts, you must finish it or you'll be busting rocks at San Quentin for the next 75 years!

larryniven said...

Holy fuck is that unhelpful. They have blog-capable computers at San Quentin, right? If not I may have to start looking into which one of my orifices would be best for smuggling an iPad into jail...