Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday Stereolab News

Stereolab will be releasing a new-to-us album in November:

On November 16, Drag City will release Not Music, a new Stereolab album, on CD and double-LP. The release features unreleased material that the band recorded at the same time as their last album, 2008's Chemical Chords.
I have revised my view of Chemical Chords since its first months; I now consider it one more masterpiece to be added to the high pile of Stereolab masterpieces. I trust the same will hold true of Not Music.

"Three Women" from Chemical Chords:



Why they're waiting for November escapes me. I want it yesterday -- scratch that, I want it last November.

Speaking of music I expect to be well worth the trouble and expense, Stereolab's lead singer, Laetitia Sadier, will be releasing a solo album, The Trip, in September. These will be the song titles:
01 One Million Year Trip
02 Fluid Sand
03 Our Interest Are the Same
04 The Natural Child
05 Statues Can Bend
06 By the Sea
07 Unfasten
08 Un Soir, Un Chien
09 Another Monster
10 Ceci Est Le Coeur
11 Summertime
12 Release, Open Your Little Earthling Hands
My song title divination sense tells me "Fluid Sand" and "Statues Can Bend" will be among the better of these songs. My experience of everything Stereolab-related tells me all the songs will be very, very good.