Friday, July 2, 2010

Well Played, The Facebook's Ad-Bots

If I'm not mistaken, Facebook intends to make money by shoving advertisements at people, and if so, I think they could stand to improve the algorithm they use to match eyeballs with advertisements. The screen scrape shown here doesn't even include the anti-Obama ad that appeared below the Reagan-worship one, since I snatched the image after I x'ed that one out.

Suffice to say the last "conservative" thought I had was approximately never. I suspect the algorithm is shoveling such garbage at me because many of my friends and "friends" are self-labeled "conservatives," but I would simply like to inform the robots that choose ads in Facebook that they're mistaken in that inference.

I know it will break their metal little hearts.

No comments: