Friday, October 22, 2010

You Just Don't Get It Because You're Not Smart Enough



I made a few chippy comments about Inception soon after I finally made a viewing of it, and as the weeks have passed, my overall assessment of the film has not improved: it had significant weaknesses, and its only strengths were on the meta-level, i.e., it's nice to see a film that dares to challenge viewers' brains, it made some favorable casting choices, it's very refreshing to see a film, any film, that isn't "an existing franchise."

Now that it has undergone the South Park treatment, it appears that The Cool Thing has gone from adulating Inception to ridiculing it, but I was already ridiculing it before it was cool to do so.

As the woman in the video says, "just because an idea is overly convoluted and complex doesn't make it cool!," and I think that applies to what I've written here.

2 comments:

Reuben said...

Look Dale, you just don't get it. It's a Jersey thing.

But seriously, what a great episode.

Doo doo doo doo doo doo buh bum! doo doo doo doo buh bum! doo doo

Dale said...

Reuben, I actually liked the soundtrack in Inception -- but I *loved* what South Park did with it.