Thursday, April 7, 2011

Peeing the Bed Tonight

The passionate intensity with which The Kelly Family sings that they're not going to urinate in the bed tonight makes me think they're going to urinate in the bed tonight, and with great force, possibly repeatedly:



Is it too much to ask that the Kelly Family will be urinating multiple beds tonight? I don't want to think they're the sort of family that shares a single bed, but the more I watch the video, and the more I think about it, the more I am convinced they're all going to be urinating in the same bed tonight.

Dear internets: please never explain the Kelly Family. I don't know who they are or why they exist or why they're singing of urinating in beds. I don't want to know -- I want to inhabit the perversely exquisite mystery of it. It makes me feel alive.

(via Brad)

3 comments:

Ian McCullough said...

I took a vacation to Europe and on the train I ran into some English speaking youth going from Germany to the Love Parade techno fest. We had a great conversation, and they horrified me with tales of the Kelly Family - what they were, their inexplicable popularity and their questionable personal hygiene. But my eyes were scorched by this video. Shame Dale, shame.

Dale said...

Ian, I am as alarmed as anyone. I had no idea they existed before this. Sometimes I just have to post something to deal with it.

Sheldon said...

Dale, what would I do without you. Seriously, Zit popping, man-boobs and almond butter, and now this? Thank you thank you, I guess.