I am the scarcely over 0% typing this list:
|photo from GeekFill|
- It's never the wrong time or place to enforce laws against child pornography:
Kansas City's Catholic bishop has become the highest-ranking U.S. Catholic official indicted on a charge of failing to protect children after he and his diocese waited five months to tell police about hundreds of images of child pornography discovered on a priest's computer, officials said Friday.More like this!
- Ron Paul recently appeared on The Daily Show to promote his brand of ahistorical Social Darwinist twaddle, claiming inter alia that strict private property rights would forever prevent pollution and that anti-pollution laws never, ever work because government tends to collude with wealthy interests in shaping the laws and their enforcement. He didn't pause to explain the nature of the state that would enforce these strict property rights, nor how these strict private property rights would differ from the ones we already have -- you know, the very ones that have been carved to pieces by the collusion of wealthy interests and government. Like the good glibertarian he is, in other words, he advocated reducing the scale and scope of firefighting as a means of controlling arson.
- All that's the bad news; the good news is that Ron Paul's eyebrows remained in place for the duration of the interview.
- The Republican party sees, on one hand, the whining of blastocyst enthusiasts in medical professions and, on the other hand, women who might die without medical treatment, and they choose the whiners:
Today the GOP-led House of Representatives, with the blessings and encouragement of the United States Council of Catholic Bishops and extremist religious groups such as the Family Research Council, passed a bill in a vote of 251 to 172 that would, among other things, allow doctors and hospitals to "exercise their conscience" by letting pregnant women facing emergency medical conditions die.GOP to women: bear children or die trying.
- Some idiotic parasite thinks he is oppressed because he has to pay taxes. Yawn.